Dorothy Doctor, M.D.
3204 Windover Way
Houston, TX 77204
Dedicated and patient-focused M.D. positioned to excel within residency providing opportunity to grow in knowledge and therapeutic practice of pediatric medicine.
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), May 2018 – David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
B.S. in Biology, summa cum laude, June 2014 – Stanford University
HONORS / AWARDS
David Geffen Medical Scholarship, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Stanford Department of Biology Award, 2013
Stanford Dean’s List, 2010-2014
USMLE Step 1, May 2016
USMLE Step 2 CK, May 2018
UCLA, Department of Oncology
Research Assistant (2015-2016)
- Assisted Joe Johnson, M.D. and Sue Sanderson, Ph.D. in research and submission of “Novel Immunotherapy Approach to Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS).”
Resident Assistant (2013-2014)
- Provided leadership, companionship, and emotional support to undergraduate residents of university dormitory.
American Medical Student Association, UCLA (September 2013 – June 2018)
- President, local chapter, May 2014 – June 2018
- Coordinated well-attended Wellness on Campus Fair, September 2017
Volunteer, Venice Family Clinic (September 2014 to June 2017)
- Helped to support the needs of underserved families at free medical clinic.
Hospital Volunteer, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (September 2014 – June 2015)
- Volunteered in pediatric, ER, and surgery rotation positions
Volunteer, UCLA People-Animal Connection Program (September 2013 – June 2014)
- Provided companionship to critically ill children in animal-assisted therapy program.
Spanish (advanced oral and written fluency)
MEMBERSHIPS / AFFILIATIONS
American Medical Student Association, 2014 – present
American Medical Association, 2017 – present
CrossFit, surfing, photography, and oboe performance.